Tomar 2090-ST & 2091 ST
Self-testing Optical Preemption Detectors
The Tomar 209x-ST Optical Preemption Detectors sense the optical pulses emitted by properly equipped emergency or transit vehicles. Mounted to observe the approaches of an intersection, 209x-ST detectors are used with the Tomar model 3140 Optical Signal Processors to inform the traffic control system of the presence of designated vehicles.
Building on the excellence of Tomar’s 209x-SD detectors, the 209x-ST detectors incorporate a self-test feature for true closed loop detector and wiring welfare monitoring. Each 209x-ST detector includes a small infrared LED which periodically injects a special test signal into the detectors photo sensor. The 3140 OSP receives the special test signal and therefore knows that the detector is fully functional. Should a detector fail self-test a front panel indication and an entry in the 3140’s logs indicate the problem.
Using 209x-ST detectors and Strobecom II throughout your traffic control system reduces emergency response time, allows emergency vehicles to travel with greater safety, and improves transit vehicles timeliness.
- Closed loop self-test for detector welfare, monitoring and reporting
- Military derived sensor technology for enhanced rejection of direct sunlight and detection performance unmatched by any other system
- Fully encapsulated electronics for complete resistance to water, heat and vibration
- Complete protection from damage due to miswiring or electrical transients
- Wide field of view for uncompromised detection even when used in untethered span wire applications
- Simple advanced detector installation without any special cabling for enhanced detection around corners and over hills