EN4 – EZ Communicator Navigator 4 Wire Push Button Station
The eZ Communicator navigator 4 Wire Push Button Station (en4 PBS) is the pedestrian interface to the eZ Communicator navigator accessible Pedestrian System. A system includes a Ped Head Control Unit (PHCU4W), an E-Configurator, and a Push Button Station. The EN4 PBS provides valuable information and cues via both a vibrating arrow button and audible sounds making the intersection accessible for all pedestrians. all sounds emanate from the back of the unit. A sunlight-visible red LED latches “ON” to confirm the button has been pushed. the en4 PBS includes the body (shown), sign, ADA compliant push button and mounting hardware.
By interfacing with the PHCU4W that installs in the Ped Head, the en4 PBS can provide the following standard features:
- Confirmation of button push via latching LED, sound, and tactile bounce.
- Direction of travel (with extended button push)
- Standard locating tone during Don’t Walk (and Clearance if desired) Cuckoo, Chirp, rapid tick, Verbal, or user customized voice messages during walk. a total of 10 walk sound options are included with an additional 2 locations for custom voice messages / walk sounds Vibrating button during walk
- Choice of 4 locating tones, custom sound, or verbal countdown during PeD clearance
- All sounds automatically adjust to ambient over 60dB range
- Most sounds have a minimum and maximum volume independently set.
- Sounds are synchronized across all PBSs
- Extended button push can turn on, boost volumes, and/or mute all sounds except those on the activated crosswalk
- Can provide pre-configured special messages played throughout the entire intersection upon a central system activated signal (preemption) Custom audio messages and configuration settings can be easily changed via USB port
- Firmware updates provided through USB port
- Independent ambient adjustment setting for the locate tone which allows fine adjustments for low ambient conditions.