NSS LED Street Name Signs
- Excellent day or night
- Even illumination under any lighting
- Free-swinging brackets adjust for leveling and mast-arm
- Available in single or double
- Easy access service door swings down and
Standard Model Description For Led Street Name Signs
- LED SNS-6-2-2W
- LED illumination.
- SNS – Street Name Sign (type of sign) 6-Length of sign in feet
- 2W-Designates one (1)-face or two (2)-face sign.
- 4, 6 and 8 Feet
- All messages shall be clearly legible attracting attention under any lighting conditions.
- The sign shall consist of:
- Extruded aluminum top, bottom and
- Cast aluminum
- Sign face(s).
- The sign shall be made of easily replaceable optical
- Only simple tools will be needed to exchange or retrofit these optical cavities with existing bulb technologies.
- The optical cavity shall include solid-state white LEDs.
- There shall be sufficient quantity to uniformly illuminate the viewing area.
- The viewing area shall produce a luminance of 60 Nits and not vary in luminance across the viewing area by more than a few percent.
- Failure of one (1) LED shall not reduce the light output by more than eight percent (8%) per foot.
- No wiring within the optical cavity will be permitted.
- Anything other than the LEDs within the optical cavity will cause degradation in optical performance and will not be accepted.
- The Sign shall have an input voltage of 120. The input voltage will then be reduced and power-conditioning circuitry will be provided so that the LED’s current will operate at the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
- The sign shall include a replaceable fuse at the electrical power wire entrance compartment.
- Top shall be extruded from 6063-T5 aluminum alloy with a minimum thickness of 0.140″. Drip rails overhanging the sign face help prevent water
- Bottom extruded from 6063-T5 aluminum alloy with a minimum thickness of 094
- Ends cast from 356 aluminum and have a minimum thickness of 188″.
- Seams connecting top and bottom to ends shall be welded continuous to provide a weatherproof
- 125″ extruded aluminum doors have one (1) side removable to gain access to sign face (not necessary for normal maintenance).
- A continuous aluminum hinge, 0.040″ x 1 1/16″ open, shall mount the bottom of the door to the housing.
- Signs shall have three (3) ¼-turn airlock fasteners per door to secure it to the housing.
- Sign face shall be 0.125″ white polycarbonate.
- Drainage shall be provided by drain holes located in the corners of the housing bottom.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) foam gaskets shall seal the sign between the door and housing, and between the face panel and doorframe.
- Reflectors shall be constructed from 0.040″ aluminum and shall be wet-painted white.
- Recommended mounting hardware is available from National Sign and Signal Co. This hardware allows swinging of the sign to reduce mast-arm wind loads. Brackets are adjustable for leveling the sign for use on any size mast-arm. Other mounting methods may be applicable.
All products will be warranted to be free of defects due to material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years.